Calvary Christian Academy
1771 E Palomar St,
Chula Vista, CA, 91913
Calvary Christian Academy exists to educate thinking disciples who seek truth through an ongoing, interactive, relationship with Jesus Christ. CCA pursues this by partnering closely with parents in the biblical training of their children. CCA seeks to honor God by providing a solid liberal arts education, taught from a biblical worldview, enabling each student to flourish in vocation while representing the transformational power of Jesus Christ in the world.
Calvary Christian Academy is registered from K through 12th grade with the California State Department of Education.
CCA High school courses are approved by the University of California "a-g" Subject Requirements. CCA Advanced Placement (AP) Program® courses have been authorized by the College Board.
CCA Preschool -12th Grade is fully accredited by Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI).
CCA PK2 through PK4 operates in accordance with childcare licensing standards of the California Department of Social Services. We are accredited through the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Calvary Christian Academy (CCA) was founded in 1987 as a ministry of Calvary Chapel San Diego. CCA is a private Christian school located in Chula Vista, California. It is a Pre-K through 12th grade school with a population of approximately 485 students.
Calvary Christian Academy participates in the Southern League which oversees the Citrus Conferences; both of these are under the jurisdiction of CIF San Diego High School Athletics. The following CIF sports are offered during the 2017-2018 school year: Basketball (M/W), Flag Football (M), Soccer (M), Volleyball (W), Cross Country (M/W), Softball (W), Swimming (M/W) , Cheer (M/W), and Track and Field (M/W) and Baseball (M). The official school mascot is the Royal Knight.
Statement of Faith
- In one God, the creator and sustainer of the universe, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- In the divine inspiration, infallibility and final authority of the Bible as the Word of God.
- In the uniqueness of man, by virtue of his special creation in God's image, and his responsibility to understand and master the world to the glory of God.
- In the unique Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, the incarnate, virgin-born Son of God.
- In the representative and substitutionary death of our Lord Jesus Christ as the necessary atonement for our sins.
- In the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord and that blessed hope, His personal return.
- In the power of the Holy Spirit in the work of regeneration and His continuing work in the heart of the believer.
- In the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved and the everlasting punishment of the lost.
- In the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- That God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female in conformity to their biological sex, and that these two distinct complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. (Genesis 1:26-27).
- That God created marriage to be exclusively the union of one man and one woman, and that intimate sexual activity is to occur exclusively within that union.
- In the sanctity of human life and that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life. (Psalm 139).
Calvary Christian Academy exists to help prepare children to be disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ. CCA seeks to honor God by giving our students a quality education designed to show that man’s knowledge is a reflection of God’s plan. CCA will honor God by instilling a desire for and love of Christ in each student so he/she will want to exemplify Him in all areas of life.
Servant leadership is exemplified by the staff and practiced by the students at CCA. Staff members serve the student body as stewards of Christ in many areas such as coaching sports, academic tutoring, and student counsel. CCA students are given the opportunity to serve each other, the staff, and the community at large. As part of servant leadership and academic excellence, CCA students are encouraged to become fluent Spanish speakers and are offered Spanish instruction Pre-K through 12th grade.
Students accepted to CCA have agreed that while attending CCA they will do their best to represent the finest values, morals and ideals of Christ in every circumstance in every way, every day of their lives. Students are accountable to God, their parents, and the school for their behavior 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days per year on and off campus.
Calvary Christian Academy believes the Bible clearly teaches that parents are primarily responsible for their child’s upbringing, discipline, and restoration. It is our desire to be a support, not the primary solution in a child’s upbringing (Proverbs 22:6, 13:24, 23:13-14, 19:18). CCA has set Biblically-based expectations as a firm foundation to be backed by consistent encouragement and consequences in the spirit of Proverbs 22:6, 23:13-14, 19:20 and Hebrews 12:1-13. We firmly believe that God speaks to us through circumstances. Any major infraction, especially a behavioral zero tolerance infraction, is a red flashing light for parents to review their involvement in their child’s life. All disciplinary decisions are made prayerfully. It is the intention of the administration to shepherd the heart of each child. This will include active listening, teaching correct behavior, and aiding the student in reconciliation with others as well as with Jesus.
Calvary Christian Academy serves the community in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ by providing loving Christian care and high quality Christian education for children of parents that desire a Christ-centered education. In turn, as a school, we serve others through various outreaches locally and abroad.